Monday, July 25, 2016

Utrecht University Museum - Utrecht

Dear blog,

I enjoyed going to the Utrecht university museum. We were able to go through their cabinet of curiosity and see some very interesting things that you wouldn't normally see in museums. Our tour guide showed us some cool artifacts as well as multiple skeletons of people that had different bone and growth disorders. I also enjoyed going through their garden behind the museum and seeing the different types of plants they had on display. It was a nice museum that had a wide array of items ranging from technological devices, bones, gardens, and several other unique specimens. Overall I enjoyed my experience at the museum and would happily go back for another tour.

Jake Wetsch

3 comments:

  1. Jake-- I also enjoyed the Utrecht Museum. It was a different subject matter than a typical museum, but it still offered historical significance with the cabinets of curiosities. Having researched them, it was nice to see a recreation of them in person. No doubt, they definitely collected some strange things. I thought that the skeletons offered a nice science spin on the tour and allowed us to get really familiar with different body defects. Although a bit gruesome at times, it was nice to realize how lucky we all are to have the convieneces of modern medicine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. While the museum was interesting, I thought it felt more like a Ripley's Believe it or Not because of all the deformed animals and people. I did like seeing the cabinet of curiosity thought, it was interesting seeing the different objects and reading what people back in the day thought they were. I also thought the gardens in the back were very neat.

    ReplyDelete