Saturday, July 23, 2016

Blog Post #1

My favorite site of the first 3 we saw in Amsterdam was the Meritime museum. Specifically I liked the replicated Dutch East India company ship. It was interesting to see how sailors back then lived, and what kind of conditions they had to deal with. I especially found the living quarters interesting, and seeing how small everything was. It made me appreciate the age that I live in much more. Growing up I always knew about sailors and old ships like the one we saw, but I never saw one up close like this. I am now much better able to understand the hardship and risk that people made back then just to make a living.

1 comment:

  1. I also found it interesting how tight of living quarters the sailors lived in and the other parts of the ship as well.

    ReplyDelete