Wednesday, July 27, 2016

TIM

Hello fellow travelers,
I would like to talk about the Textile Industry Museum we visited in Augsburg Germany. To be honest I was very impressed at this museum. I thought the tour was very informative about how the industry grew from a manually doing every step to modern machines of today. We started the tour seeing how fabric was made in pre industrial revolution times. It started with cleaning the material whether it was wool, silk, or cotton. After that long process we learned how they spun the raw material by hand and how the technology developed to make this step faster. After that, we looked at different models of looms from the industrial revolution to the late 1990's. I especially liked this part because it showed how the technology grew to make shuttles move faster. Some the earlier shuttles moved  by physical hits and by the 90's the shuttle moved my compressed air. Not only the shuttle movement became faster but the complexity of the fabrics became a more common due to the advances of the looms speed and accuracy.  My favorite part of the tour was seeing these machines and how complicated they got over the last century.

Until next time fellow travelers.

2 comments:

  1. I was really happily surprised by the textile museum. I thought that the whole thing was going to be very boring, but the guide and the weaving machines both made it much more interesting. The activity stations also made the whole tour much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was really happily surprised by the textile museum. I thought that the whole thing was going to be very boring, but the guide and the weaving machines both made it much more interesting. The activity stations also made the whole tour much better.

    ReplyDelete