Monday, July 25, 2016

Blog 2

For the second installment of my European Adventure Blog, I have chosen to write about the Royal Delft Porcelain Factory. From the pie at the beginning to the Lunch at the end, the entire trip was a great experience. I really enjoyed the videos and “trip through time” we took to start the tour. I was a little disappointed to learn that the vases and plates that I thought were each individually handcrafted and painted were actually part of a set that were painted using stencils. Regardless, the time and skill that goes into creating one of the vases or plates at the factory was still impressive. Something else I liked was seeing the real sized Delft Blue copies of famous paintings. 

4 comments:

  1. I loved the paintings too. The Nightwatch by Rembrandt was very awe inspiring. The detail that those two master painters had do had to be exhausting for both of them. To think that that took over a year to do, I don't think I could stay at a project that long. I'm glad they did though because it was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also really enjoyed the "trip through time" shows that we got to watch, complete with automated props. I was impressed that the factory remained so modern with its multimedia presentations while also being a living remnant of an art form hundreds of years old.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was really impressed with the painters at Delft because even though they used a stencil it still had to be very difficult to paint those different pieces of porcelain. I was also interested in how there were master painters and apprentice painters. It reminded me of how old the company really was because I forgot that Delft is old enough to originally have the apprentice and master system.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was really impressed with the painters at Delft because even though they used a stencil it still had to be very difficult to paint those different pieces of porcelain. I was also interested in how there were master painters and apprentice painters. It reminded me of how old the company really was because I forgot that Delft is old enough to originally have the apprentice and master system.

    ReplyDelete