Friday, July 22, 2016

Hello fellow students and bloggers,
I would like to express my like of the Boerhaave Museum. First of all, our guide(s) couldn't have been better. When someone thoroughly enjoys what they are talking about it makes the audience enjoy the topics as well, and that is just what our guides did. Then one of the first things we viewed, and that I enjoyed, was the multitude of meter sticks, of which weren't all necessarily the same length (or so we were told). The next items I enjoyed were the books - I am still amazed that gloves weren't needed when handling the books. And seeing two versions of the same book in one day - what are the odds! Lastly, the fact that we got to see one of Leeuwenhoek's microscopes in a way no one else has was pretty spectacular - we are one special group. 😊
Bye for now!

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe we got to see two real Leeuwenhoek microscopes. It's fascinating to think that those were built and possibly used by Leeuwenhoek himself. It is a once in a lifetime experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked seeing the meter stickers too-- I thought it was funny that when an old official meter stick would slightly change length due to temperature, then that would literally be changing the definition of a meter. That would be hard to keep up with!

    ReplyDelete