Thursday, July 28, 2016

The BMW Museum

The BMW museum was the site I've enjoyed most in Germany so far. I have always had a great interest in cars and engines, and since BMW is one of the oldest car manufacturers in the world, it's obvious why I have a huge interests in the museum. I really liked seeing the past of BMW and how the company had progressed through the ages. I never realized how German companys were affected by the World Wars until our guide pointed out that BMW could only manufacture pots after the war to keep the company running. It was amazing to see the cars progression from the machines that could barely run, to the futuristic cars made of flexible materials. It makes me wonder what the future of automobiles will actually bring.

6 comments:

  1. Hey Jacob, I thought it was amazing that BMW would be able to survive being forced to shut down and not produce cars, this happened twice in their history. It was pretty funny that the only thing they ended up producing at that time was cooking pots, however, I think they need to stick with making luxury sports cars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also never knew that BMW was shut down after the wars and forced to make pots out of the spare aluminum they had. I thought the museum brought out all the aspects of BMW through all the good and the bad. Very cool place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After reading about BMW for my paper I thought it was really cool to actually set foot on the company grounds. I really liked that during our tour, our guide mentioned some of the same facts Mitch and I said during or presentations the day prior. It was interesting seeing all the different cars throughout the ages and it'll be interesting to see what the cars of the future will like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was very interested in how after World War II BMW made pits because they were handed from creating engines. The flexible car was also very interesting how the sides of the car could adjust.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fact that BMW could only make pots after the war was interesting to me too. Why pots? It's sad that they had to shut own throughout history but I beleive it was necessary to keep the world safe from evil agenas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was more fascinated by the history of BMW than I thought I would be. I'm not a super big car person, nor do I know much about engines or the technicalities that allow a vehicle to work efficiently, but hearing Luke and Mitch's presentations were interesting. And then being able to connect that to the facts restated during the tour of the museum was actually pretty cool. Sports cars, and other BMW manufactured vehicles, are always fun to look at of course, but hearing the history and connecting the dots made the site that much better for me as I am not as knowledgeable as some on the subject.

    ReplyDelete