Wednesday, July 20, 2016




Dear fellow travelers,
My favorite site that we saw this far was the National Maritime Museum. I liked the visualization of Amsterdam growing as the golden age started on the map that was behind the glass on our guided tour. It showed how people built cities before, and how that changed after a huge influx of people entered Amsterdam when the golden age started.
 I also enjoyed the big projected map that was also on our guided tour that showed where the Dutch made the dykes and drained the lakes of the county to have more land for farms. After the guided tour ended I went back to the big map of the Netherlands to see if options were given to see a step by step of how the Netherlands grew over the past centuries.
 I also thought the boat was also a cool experience because it showed the craftsmen that went into the ships. Then I realize they spent all this time on the decorations and sometimes the ships would never make it back to the Netherlands. I also thought that some of the rooms where ridiculously small like the galley and the captains bedroom.

until next time fellow travelers have a safe trip

3 comments:

  1. I thought the interactive map was cool too. I especially liked all of the miniature ship models throughout the ages. The museum had a lot of cool things to offer and I really liked our guided tour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also really enjoyed our time at the Maritime Museum. I never thought about how they put so much work into those beautiful ships and that they might never return; that's an interesting thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too agree with your comment on how small some of the ships cabins were. To have 350 men on a ship for 8 months together had to be ridiculously uncomfortable. Pirates of the Carribean is obviously not a real representation of how many people fit on a ship. :)

    ReplyDelete