Monday, August 1, 2016

Pharmaceutical Area

During my free time in the Deuctsches Musuem I enjoyed looking around in the pharmaceutical area. There were so many cool things to look at and read and I learned more than I thought I might. There were old machines and medical devices that I didn't quite understand, but they were interesting to observe. My favorite part of the pharmaceutical area was the giant cell they had displayed. You were able to walk right into this cell and see the nucleus, the mitochondria, the cell membrane, and more. It is so fascinating how scientists and doctors have discovered what a human cell actually looks like and how they have shared their knowledge. Without the invention and progression of microscopes, we might not know all that we do about cells and the human body that we do today. Outside of the cell, there were some more modern forms of medicine and practices that I enjoyed as well. It is good to know about the history of medicine and also today's medicine to ensure the human race can remain healthy and continue to improve in the medical field.

1 comment:

  1. I thought the giant cell part of the exhibit was very interesting too. It's amazing to see how far medical knowledge has come. To think that people didn't even know about cells not that long ago, and now we know just about everything about every one of the complicated processes that takes place within them.

    ReplyDelete