Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Deutsches Museum Day Two

Hello Fellow Travelers,

On our last day of this fantastic adventure we visited the Deutsches Museum for the second time. This time we had a guided tour of exhibits pertaining to the industrial revolution. We visited exhibits such as a under ground mine, early wind and water power, steam engines, and tools of this new age. All of this was very interesting to see how technology grew from hand labor to machines doing the grunt work of every day products. We were then given free time to roam the giant museum on our own. My favorite exhibit I found was the mechanical toys exhibit. Which, had Lego's, Fischer Technics, and other toys that children could build. I enjoyed this exhibit because it brought back good memories of just spending hours building what came to me. It was also cool to see what were the first set of Lego's ever to be produced.

Until the next trip fellow travelers.

3 comments:

  1. Your favorite exhibit sounds like it was awesome. I wish I had gotten to see that one, must have missed it. But playing with Lego's would have been a great way to relax, build, and release my inner child. Although the physics department was also a good way to release the inner child in myself. Of course it was also pretty cool to see what would happen if I pushed this button, or moved this lever, so that we could see the amount of force exerted when the button was pushed or how the lever allowed a ball to move through with the help of gravity. Guess science really is for kids! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the Legos displays also. It was cool to press the various buttons on the displays and see what various motions and actions the displays would do. I know during my childhood, I played with Legos so it was great to see how the Legos company developed over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really wish I was able to make it to the Lego stuff! I had a lot of Lego kits growing up, and have good memories building for hours on end to see a really cool finished product. Sometimes I think Legos had a small role in my interest in engineering, and it's cool to see that they are involved in a science museum like this one.

    ReplyDelete