Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Blog Post 4: Deutsches Museum Round 2

Hello fellow students and travelers,
On our last full day of the trip we went to the Deutsches Museum for the second and final time. For a few hours of our time there we toured areas related to the Industrial Revolution. Then we were given hours of free time to explore on our own, which is when I found an area that interested me greatly. The Pharmaceutics section of the museum was my favorite part of free time. I could walk around and read about cells and cell mutations, or look into "microscope" and see what a blocked artery looked like on the cell level. There was also information on medicines, from the past as well as the present. Also on display were some medical instruments. Since I don't plan to become a doctor I didn't understand what all of them were for, but they were still interesting to look at and read about. Probably the coolest part about this section of the museum was the huge cell in the middle of the room. Couldn't have missed it. We could walk into it and see parts such as the mitochondria, nucleus, etc. In the cell were also little "microscopes" in which we could look into and see what may go on inside some of the parts of the cell. I loved being able to look through past and present medical excerpts. We could see how some areas of the medical world progressed and improved. It's really amazing what we can do now with medicine.
Well, this is goodbye. Until the next adventure!
-B

4 comments:

  1. The huge cell was so cool! I loved how interactive the museum was and how they added lots of details to keep visitors interested. It made me want to stay there all day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also walked through the pharmaceutics exhibit. It was really interesting reading about how medicine has evolved over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also walked through the pharmaceutics exhibit. It was really interesting reading about how medicine has evolved over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also thought this part of the museum was incredible. It reminded me somewhat of the old medical equipment we saw at the red cross museum. I love looking at the evolution of science. It is truly amazing how far we have come and I am very interested to see how things will change in my lifetime.

    ReplyDelete