Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Deutsches Museum Exhibits

There are so many exhibits in the Deutsches Museum that I found to be fascinating, that it is difficult to pick just a few things to discuss. One exhibit I found to be very interesting was the ceramics display. There, it showed the evolution of ceramics through the ages, from coil pots through to the modern age. I found the section on pottery from ancient Greece to be especially informative. I did not know that they didn’t glaze their pieces, but instead used a complex system of firing the pieces to obtain the iconic orange and black designs.

I also loved the exhibit on various instruments used in mathematics. They had a whole display on slide rules and on the evolution of calculators. It is difficult to think that our pocket sized calculators used to be the size of old typewriters.


Of course I saw so much like the Enigma machines that I researched, the early computers, the history of papermaking, and so much more. Unfortunately, I cannot write about everything. I am just so amazed that the museum had so much there. It was fantastic.

1 comment:

  1. The exhibit on ceramics was definitely interesting. I had never really put much thought into how it was made and that there was different was to create it.

    ReplyDelete